Monday, December 19, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby Oh.....

You know how, when you listen to a catchy song, and it stays with you for the next seven thousand hours of your life? Usually just one phrase runs on repeat through your head, which winds up with you filling your gas tank and belting out something along the lines of:

"Baby, baby, baby, ohhhh, Like, baby, baby, baby, Nooo...."

And then when the person across from you gives you the stink eye, you end up vomiting forth a really lame excuse for why you are singing a Justin Bieber song while paying way too much for gas.

"Um yeah....my dumb sister. Totally obsessed with him, and now I can't get his DAMN song out of my head. You know how it is... HAH. Like I would ever listen to Justin Bieber....."

Well, tonight I felt the need for some dance worthy music, possibly because I have not been able to get warm for the past week, and needed to shimmy my way across the living room to get my blood flowing.

The song "Lady Marmalade" from Moulin Rouge came to mind as something I had to listen to.

Don't watch the music video.

You just did, didn't you? Slightly scandalous right?

But it's fun to dance to.

Dancing accomplished, a little warmer, I went to wash dishes, and found myself repeating one phrase over and over again.

Slowly, very slowly I identified the phrase that was stuck in my head, and therefore what I was actually saying.

All I can say is, this song better be scrubbed from my head by tomorrow.

I really, really, don't want to be in a French speaking country and find myself in the produce section of the local supermarket, repeating "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?" over and over to myself like a broken record.

The cashier already thinks I am highly questionable since, today, I dared to venture into her supermarket dressed in sweatpants.

That, my friends, is a definite no-no and, since this is France, sweatpants are quite possibly worse than absentmindedly and un-intentionally propositioning the produce clerk as you pick over the apples.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been inception-ed with Justin Bieber music too. And sung it out loud. In public.
    Oooh, the shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time someone gives you the "stink eye" just smile at him or her,then one of two things will happen:
    1) He-or-she will just smile back and leave you alone.
    2)He-or-she will ignore you because he-or-she has no idea what to do.

    Both ways you kinda win!:P

    ReplyDelete